Two days ago, I received an email that still has me baffled. What is an “Illegal Safe House?” The subject line of the email states precisely that, “Illegal Safe House.” The email had been forwarded to me from other sources, and I got lured into research mode.
01 June 2021, The Gateway Pundit published a story regarding migrants being housed in a secure closed hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona. Through ICE, Scottsdale Police, and other security agencies, Homeland Security, plus a hired contracting agency, provide security. Those housed are not discussed; people with questions are pointed to an organization’s website, and nobody knows anything they are willing to release to the public.
Other sources report the following regarding this “illegal safe house,” which I have collated into a single comprehensible statement. I am not the author of this information, and the sources from which it was gathered are not vetted for veracity.
A federal contractor began operating a temporary hotel facility for immigrant families Saturday, 29 May 2021. The site has generated substantial public and media attention. After nearly two weeks of operation, Scottsdale police report that the only calls for service at the location are from those operating it due to people not associated with the site coming onto the property. Several protests attended by as many as 300 people have occurred, which have been lawful and peaceful.
Whether using this hotel for this purpose complies with the city’s zoning ordinance has been raised. This hotel has been rented to provide temporary stays to families. Thus far, the city of Scottsdale has seen no evidence indicating this use is not in conformance with the zoning ordinance. The city of Scottsdale continues to be in contact with the operator and officials from US Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
According to ICE officials, this site is for intact families seeking political asylum who are being processed and taken to transportation facilities as they continue their journey to a sponsor family or organization. Families are at this location for an average of 48 hours, and the vast majority of people travel outside Arizona after processing. Medical screening (including COVID-19), meals, and other services are provided on-site. A figure of “1,200” families at the hotel in Scottsdale has been cited, which is incorrect. The federal contract provides for 1,239 beds in aggregate for all temporary facilities along the southwest border.
The city of Scottsdale has received several hundred calls and emails regarding the facility. Immigration is a federal matter over which the city of Scottsdale has no responsibility or oversight. If you have further concerns, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Federal Government representatives:
Having tried to contact and engage the elected officials mentioned, good luck breaking through their bureaucracy for straight answers! None of the elected officials mentioned care a fig for those who elected them. They continue to prove their dissonance and derogatory attitudes towards the electorate every time they open their mouths! Arizona, are you sure you are appropriately represented?
- Who is hosting illegal immigrants?
- Will those fostering them ensure they show up for court?
- How do we know these are “intact families?”
- If these are “temporary housing facilities,” why are they kept so secret?
- Why wasn’t the public notified that this hotel had been rented and is housing illegal immigrants?
- The City of Scottsdale claims the ICE operates the hotel in a manner consistent with proper zoning regulations. Yet, Congress proclaims that the Federal Government trumps local regulations and can do anything they want. Knowing the politics of the City of Scottsdale’s “Zoning Board” and “Zoning Officers,” I can only presume that the zoning officers were hushed by the more than $600-million Endeavors.org received to “sponsor” this illegal safe house. Who is following up on the money?
- Where did the money originate, and who is in charge of the contract at the Federal Government?
- Who hired Endeavors.org to operate temporary housing? Why? Where is a copy of this contract for public scrutiny?
- If this contract was a “No-Bid” contract, who are the contracting officers, and why was this a “No-Bid” contract?
- How many other “Illegal Safe Houses” are being operated? Where are they? Who is being housed? How long are they being housed?
- How much money is the City of Scottsdale receiving directly from this housing scheme?
- How much money is the State of Arizona being paid for operating these domiciles?
- Safety and security of America, who vetted these illegals? What documentation was used? Where did that documentation originate? How do we know the documentation is legitimate?
- If these illegal immigrants are being housed temporarily, where are they being sent to next? Who approves travel? Who is paying for travel? Who is responsible for mandating appearance on court dates?
These are but some of the fundamental questions I would expect to see addressed on Endeavors.org, the parent company operating this domicile. Except, none of these questions are discussed, addressed, and no additional information is available from the website. Does anyone else find this particularly odd? Want to see something horrifying; go to the following link and look at the map for where “migrant services” are provided by Endeavors. Now, ask yourself, is the problem on the southern US Border restricted to just the southwestern US?
Frankly, I do not care where you stand on illegal immigration, immigration, and immigration reform. This article is not written to discuss these topics. I am concerned with the secrecy, the lack of funds, and the government’s profligate spending. I am concerned with national security issues. I am very concerned with the human trafficking issues. America has become the human trafficking capital and human slavery capital of the world. Yet, none of the politicians locally, state, or federally are willing to act on human trafficking and human slavery problems. We have token arrests, but prosecutions take forever, and illegal immigrants are being taken advantage of, with a nod by the Federal Government and a sly wink from the state and local governments.
With America being a representative government, this means that the citizens are responsible for the actions of their government. I refuse to be held accountable for feeding the ever-hungry jaws of human slavery and trafficking, the sex and drug industries. Join me; throw off the chains that threaten to bind and gag us, refuse to be governed by the current crop of politicians who refuse to do their jobs, while taking bribes and “political donations” from groups that are trying to overthrow America!
© 2021 M. Dave Salisbury
All Rights Reserved
The images used herein were obtained in the public domain; this author holds no copyright to the images displayed.