I am a doctoral candidate under the direction of Professor Dr. Susan Miedzianowski in the College of Doctoral Studies at Grand Canyon University. My name is Michael D. “Dave” Salisbury. I am conducting a research study to explore the trainer’s specific influence on employees’ development in an English-speaking call center based on a clear understanding of the trainer’s role.
I am recruiting individuals that meet these criteria:
- Do you speak English?
- Do you live and work in the United States?
- Are you employed in an English-speaking call center?
- Do you have an updated LinkedIn.com profile (for verification purposes only)?
- Are you willing to answer demographic questions about your level of education, years of experience in the call center industry, years in your current call center, and your current job title?
- Are you an adult over the age of 18?
- Are you willing to be audio-recorded using ZOOM online software?
You cannot be in this study if you answer “No,” to any of these questions; you cannot participate in the interviews. I will verify your eligibility before setting up the interview.
The activities for this research project will include:
If you are eligible to be in this study, you will be asked to:
- You agree to answer the demographic questions honestly.
- Be interviewed, via Zoom, for approximately 60 minutes, audio-recorded, or if comfortable, video recorded, your choice.
- Answer a series of questions regarding how a call center trainer has influenced you. As well as what you think a call center trainer does.
- Review a generic job description and comment upon what is contained and whether you would add or subtract anything.
- When: On a convenient date and time discussed via email.
- Where:com online meeting.
- How: Using your home computer or Internet-capable device, connecting with Zoom.com.
Your participation in this study is voluntary.
An alias will protect all data in this study during the recording of the actual interview and in the documents using an alpha-numeric code to hide your email address and hide any potential method to track your responses back to you. All information reported in the dissertation will be in a collated format so individual data cannot be tracked to any single participant.
If you are interested in participating in this study, please contact:
M. Dave Salisbury